Monday, May 16, 2011

Week in Training

Edited to add:
 Looks like Blogger deleted some comments over the weekend.   I received them in my email but I don't see them attached to the posts.  Sorry to those of you who took the time to post, I didn't delete them, must be some technical glitch at Blogger.

Numbers are down a bit this week, partly because of weather, partly the weekend class and a good deal because my piriformis was acting up this week. Probably due to the trial last weekend plus a couple of days of cold, damp rainy weather. Finally felt o.k. enough to get a run in on Sunday during lunch break but I stepped back to 40 minutes of 4 min. run/1 min. walk whereas I had been up to 54 minutes of 8 min. run/1 min. walk.

Also everything is still at a plateau. Can't really amp things up until the piriformis is better so for now I'll have to put up with the holding pattern. The goal for this week is to get the running going again, hopefully 3 runs this week or 2 runs and a power hike. Then next week 3 runs and a power hike. Bike may have to drop to one or two days. Swimming will be 2 or 3.

I think the Rez opens next Tuesday. Pool was freezing today and I almost got out right after I got in but I realized this would be balmy compared to the Rez so I may as well get used to it. Bashed out 3000 yards, never got strictly warm, then took refuge in the sauna and a nice hot shower.

Swim: 8300 yards/3 hours, 19 mins.

Mountain bike: 24.30 miles/3 hours, 22 mins.

Run: 2.6 miles/39 mins. of 4 mins. run/1 min. walk

Total training time: 7 hours, 20 mins.

120.5 lbs (+.2 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything heals up fast! It's amazing how much trialing - where really you only run for a few minutes total - can really mess us up - I spent all day Saturday trialing before my long ride that night and my hamstrings were trashed.

    ReplyDelete