I signed up for an agility seminar so of course it means we're having a huge snowstorm. Like 1'-2' predicted snowfall type of snowstorm. I think it's a bad sign when the uncertainty is a full foot of snow. I also think it's a bad sign when they're calling the storm 'potentially historic'. Anyway, it snowed last year too and I had a couple of scary drives back and forth from Boulder to Golden. It's only about 28 miles/40-45 mins. when the roads are clear but the road that connects Boulder to Golden is a terrible road on a good day, steep hills, a little twisty in places and right at the base of the mountains so often it gets closed for high winds. Plus people drive like maniacs on that road. Last year the road was shut for one of my snowy drives home because there was a fatal accident. I got lost trying to drive home in the middle of nowhere with no view of the mountains because of the snow storm to tell me which direction I was going.
So this year I decided to drive up tonight before the snow started and stay in a hotel. But unfortunately I think I may have stranded myself here. They were only talking about 6"-12" when I left but somehow they changed their tune and I guess we'll see if there's really going to be 2' of snow. I'm only entered Friday and Sunday but looks like I may have to pony up for 3 nights in a hotel if I can't make it home on Saturday. At least the seminar entry fee was inexpensive.
At least Strum is good in hotels. He's crashed out right now, snuggled up next to me as I type. Lots of fun for him tomorrow. Hopefully the snow won't get too crazy. Or historic.