Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Who knew I was so fascinating?

I often look up from my computer to a scene like this.


I'm sure many of you experience the same phenomenon.  I find it unsettling.  How long have they been staring at me like that?  And what fascinating thing do they suppose I'm going to do that requires such rapt attention?  I feel like I should jump out of my chair and burst out in song and dance or suddenly produce a flurry of tennis balls and frisbees.  It's a lot of pressure. 

Sometimes I'll look up and they'll all be sleeping, seemingly out cold, then as soon as I so much as turn my chair to get up their eyes simultaneously spring open and the stare fest commences.  Perhaps they're hoping to hypnotize me into giving them bones or an extra meal or a trip to the coffee shop for a latte and chocolate croissants.  With extra bacon.  Maybe I should try to hypnotize them back.  Or just make good with the bacon and they'll leave me in peace.

8 comments:

  1. I stopped bothering to teach eye contact a long, long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THROW THE BALL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, when I am at my desk in my office, my dogs come in and lie on the floor facing away from me toward the door. I wonder if that has any significance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:05 PM

    What's more unsettling is when you wake up in the middle of the night and find them staring at you, and you can imagine them thinking "Hmmm...I wonder what she tastes like..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. My dogs dont do that. LOL to funny. Maybe its a border collie thing. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never woken up to find them staring at me except for a couple of times when one of them has woken me up. THAT would be unsettling.

    Amy, I'll bet their trying to entice you away from your desk for a good game of something.

    Yeah, they live in hope of 'throw the ball'. Except for Cody, he lives in hope of bacon.

    Yeah, teaching eye contact has never been a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The middle one looks most ready for action!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Strummer ready for action? The hell you say.

    ReplyDelete