Sunday, November 07, 2010

Last gasps of fall color

Olde Stage Road

Olde Stage Road

Olde Stage Road

Took a little bike ride in the freakishly warm weather yesterday.  The odd day in the 70's in November is one thing but it's been in the 70's or high 60's for so many days now I've lost count.

Olde Stage to Left Hand Canyon and up James Canyon to Jamestown is a classic Boulder County ride and I can do it right out my back door.  I didn't make it all the way to Jamestown because I reached my time limit set by my chiropractor.  Neck is finally starting to feel better and I don't want to push my luck.  But I made it a good way up James Canyon.

Last gasp of color in James Canyon

Olde Stage is steep (17% grade in places) and it was a struggle but I made it both out and back.  Just.  I've been doing more road rides these days because of my neck and it's weird to be back out in traffic on my road bike.  At least these canyons are full of cyclists and the cars know to watch for them on the twisty curves.

A couple more days of sun then it sounds like it may finally sort of maybe rain/snow.  Must enjoy the sunny days while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment