Monday, July 27, 2009

Week In Training, July 20-26

Last week was a very good training week except for the small amount of biking and today is a well needed rest day. Well, except for the 2 mile walk this a.m. with the dogs but we took that nice and easy.


My knee's been doing great except for the occasional flare-up. It was bad on Thurs. night on into Friday then I woke up Sat. morning and it was a bit stiff but not painful and I went on a mega-hike with no problems and it's fine on into today.

I had over 9 hours of training time which is good but I could do with less swimming and more biking if I want to do well in my race. I had a reason for the extra swim practice though and I'll go into that later. I also wanted to get enough swimming in the pool so that I'd be confident doing 2 laps of the Rez without mentally freaking out. I accomplished that last week so I'll probably cut out a swim practice this week and try to get in more biking but I've got a work deadline so I'll have to see what I can squeeze in this week. Biking takes so much more time than the other sports. Getting in that big hike was great though. I got to visit with some old running/internet friends and work on my leg strength without pounding my knee too much. I forgot how steep the Mesa Trail is in places, sheesh, some of those climbs were tough. It knocked me out a lot more than I thought it should have but I was still able to bike on Sunday.

Monday
Walk-2 mile a.m. w/ dogs
Swim-2400 yards/1 hour p.m., masters, Spruce pool, Jane coach, kicked my butt

Tuesday
Run/walk-2 miles/35 mins. (4 mins. run/1 min. walk), 1 mile walk warm-up/cool down

Wednesday
Walk-3 miles, a.m.
Swim-2400 yards/1 hour p.m., masters, Spruce pool, Enie coach, easier than Monday

Thursday
Swim-approx. 1800 yards/50 mins., open water-Boulder Rez, 2 laps

Friday
Run/walk-2 miles/35 mins. (4 mins. run/1 min. walk), 1 mile walk warm-up/cool down

Saturday
Hike-7 1/4 miles/3 hours, 20 mins. on the Mesa Trail in Boulder with Strummer, Ed & Judy

Sunday
Bike-1 hour, 20 mins. (forgot to check mileage, probably around 8 miles), West Mag, got rained/hailed out, luckily we were 10 mins. from the car when the sky opened up.

Run/walk-2 miles/35 mins. (4 mins. run/1 min. walk), 1 mile walk warm-up/cool down

WEEKLY TOTALS

Swim-6600 yards/2 hours, 50 mins.

Mountain Bike-8 miles/1 hour, 20 mins.

Run-6 miles/1 hour, 45 mins. (run 4 mins./ walk 1 min.)

Hike-7 1/4 miles/3 hours, 20 mins.

Total-9 hours, 15 mins.

Walk-7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment