Friday, June 10, 2011

Some Strummer for your Friday and evil friends

Um, I think you've got a little something between your teeth there.


Maybe you have an evil friend like I do.  The kind who's always telling you things like, 'Oh you can totally design your own website, it's easy, anyone can do it'.  Then he gives you a few vague instructions/suggestions and now that he's planted the evil seed of the idea in your head he quickly changes the topic to 'what kind of dog would be good to get to take kayaking?'.  And next thing you know you're up until 3 in the morning trying to determine if the following gibberish is actually in English.

What is phpMyAdmin?

An administrator's tool of sorts, phpMyAdmin is a PHP script meant for giving users the ability to interact with their MySQL databases. WordPress stores all of its information in the MySQL database and interacts with the database to generate information within your WordPress site. A  "raw" view of the data, tables and fields stored in the MySQL database is accessible through phpMyAdmin.


What is it good for?

Absolutely nothing.  Say it again.

I did finally get my website set up and when you type in the address it takes you to the actual website and not some dark, dingy alley in cyberspace.  This used up a day and a half and every bad word I know.  If I ever stop crying long enough to type some actual content into it I'll post a link for it.  But for now I think I'm going to go for a well deserved bike ride.

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm actually that kind of evil friend. I know several people who can easily be encouraged to do all kinds of interesting things with just a little question like, "I wonder if it's possible to ______?" (fill in the blank with any interesting scenario).

    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it really sad that I understand what that means?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well where the heck were you at 3 a.m.??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it turns out I'm just as bad as my friend. Today I caught myself telling a guy, 'Oh you can totally set up your own website, it took me a day and a half but really it's easy. Just don't make the mistake I made and you'll have it up and running no problemo.'

    ReplyDelete