Monday, July 16, 2007

Week In Training: 7-9-2007 to 7-16-2007

I initially started to blog to force me to keep track of my tri training and now that I finally have some training to speak of I'm going to try to start keeping track again. Here's last week's damage:

Monday: 2.5 mile run w/ Lola & Strummer at Wonderland Lake a.m.
1 hour walk through neighborhood w/ dogs p.m.

Tuesday: 20 mins./approx. 800 yards? open water swim at Rez in the a.m.
40 min. walk through neighborhood w/ dogs p.m.

Wednesday: 3 mile run w/ Cody & Lola on Foothills Trail/Wonderland Lake a.m.
Agility w/ Strummer in the p.m., worked on jumping and the table plus lunging
while other dogs working, he quickly got overstimulated w/ the jumping and
knocked a bar or two, had to go back to a single jump then quit, he kept running to
the table as well, must put that on a cue and not reward his tables unless I cue him.

Thursday: 22 mins./900 yards? open water swim at Rez in the a.m.
Agility w/ Lola in the p.m., standard course run through, worked on
not taking A-frame w/out permission, she did great all the way
around, fast and happy.

Friday: 3 mile run w/ Cody & Lola on Wonderland/Foothills trails a.m.
1800 yards swim, 1 hour, masters at Spruce pool, Jane coaching

Saturday: 2 1/4 hours, 30-35 miles? road biking-Nederland to Ward via Peak to
Peak Highway then Left Hand Canyon to Olde Stage to home.

Sunday: 2 1/2 hours, 9-10 miles mountain biking at West Mag trails

TOTALS: Swim-3500 yards, 1 hour 42 mins.
Bike-35 miles, 2 1/4 hours road
10 miles, 2 1/2 hours mountain
Run-8.5 miles, approx. 90 mins.
8 hours total tri training

I need to have one or two more days with double workouts and I need to get a brick in here or there. Was planning on it Saturday but I was so wiped when I got home that I took a nap instead. How's that for discipline?

Not much agility training, I'm giving the dogs a break because of the heat since we train outside.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--I couldn't do a fraction of what you do. Have been having trouble getting up my gittupandgo to do a mile a day brisk walk and in fact mostly haven't the last couple of weeks. Will be regretting it this weekend.

    But this is a good reminder that I wanted to do exactly this sort of tracking for my dog training & agility, too. So I'll have to remember to quantify my successes & failures this weekend.

    -ellen

    ReplyDelete