Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oh I've Got Some Words for your Wednesday



 Namely, 'One to two inches my ass!'.  That's what we were supposed to get.  And it wasn't supposed to happen until this evening so I was planning on squeezing in a practice this morning before our trial this weekend.  But by the time the practice field opened at 8:30 it was coming down good.  Heck by 6:00 a.m. I had a good idea practice wasn't going to happen.



Lola is a big fan of sticks.  Even stationary sticks.
 


Sadly Hermes lost his head last year in a wind storm so I know longer have a good snow gauge.  You'll just have to trust me that this stuff is never going to melt off the practice field by Friday.

 

I think the weather folks should have to come shovel my driveway.

5 comments:

  1. Wow we didnt get but barely dusting and the sun was out from about 10am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for a dusting but oh well. My house seems to sit in some Bermuda Triangle snow vortex. I think from now on I should expect double whatever the prediction is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I mentioned? That the Tioga Road (in Yosemite over the Sierras) is typically closed, completely, from sometime in October/early Nov until sometime in May? Except that the latest it was ever open, in the 80 years they've been keeping track (or, hmm, since there was actually a road), is Jan 1 (1999) and before that, Dec 29 (1976), and then thrice it was Dec 6 (1986, 1995 and 2007). And, now, still open. No sign of white stuff coming down for at least the next week. No one even talking about it in the extended forecast. All the ski areas are hurtin'. It's weirding us all out. So: You can send some of that excess snow right on over the Rockies to the Sierras. Alaska can, too. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have it. Actually the mountains here are suffering too, I forget how much but a significant amount below average snowpack. We haven't even really gotten that much snow here in town, it's just that they always seem to underestimate how much is going to fall at my house. Also it's not melting as quickly as it typically does so we've have very few days without snow on the ground. And it's just enough snow to be annoying, a thin layer of snow/mud/ice on the trails and not enough to ski in. And let's not even talk about how much time I've spent picking away at the ice flow on my driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the notion of the weather people shoveling when they get it wrong!!
    I spend a lot of life avoiding shoveling ;)
    Hope the trial was great :)

    ReplyDelete