Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Big Four Five

I turn 45 today. A new age group for races is one way to look at it. I celebrated early on Saturday by leaving my EZ Up and 2 bags full of expensive crap at the trial site (I didn't enter for Sunday). I remembered them at 10:30 p.m. At least I remembered them, I suppose in a few more birthdays I won't remember them at all until I go to use them and wonder where they are.

Had a nice 53 minute drive each way to Denver and back on Sunday morning which meant there was no way I was going to drive up to Ft. Collins another 1 1/4 hours in the opposite direction for the pre-ride of the bike course that the race director for my triathlon was having. Oh well. It's a huge advantage to pre-ride the course but it's not like I'm in the money for any hardware this time around so instead Jonny took me on a nice ride on a very similar type trail just 15-20 minutes drive away.

Can't wait to see what I will forget in Laramie this weekend. As long as it's not the dogs we should be o.k.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. I had my 50th birthday last week. Colonoscopy here I come........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, good luck with that. I'm laboring under the delusion that they'll have less invasive tests by the time I'm 50.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I do hope you are taking some time to celebrate a bit more than forgetting your agility stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happppy Birthday. I turned 45 the end of Last month, so I am almost a whole month older than you. Nothing is broken down, well except the sometimes sore left shoulder, but basically nothing, so its just a number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have plenty that's broken down but that started at 40 and I'm used to it by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I recently heard a great quote by Mark Twain:

    "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

    Sounds like you don't mind too much. So it won't matter if you leave your tent and bags of expensive stuff and dogs at the trial site. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, you young whippersnapper!

    ReplyDelete