Sunday, January 13, 2008

New Links

I've added a few new links to the dog section and created a new health/fitness section. Under dogs we have Lucy & Walter, 2 very busy rescue mutts who do agility, flyball, obedience and skijoring. Then there's Many Muddy Paws, a crew and a half of very cute corgis and mixes doing agility. How is it that I have 3 dogs and none of them are corgis? Really, how did that happen? And of course there's the infamous Pappy and his shenanigans.

I only have 2 links so far under health & fitness and if anybody has any suggestions please pass them on. It's so hard to find good health info. on the internet. There are so many opinions and crackpots out there, it's hard to know who or what to believe. I've been reading Mark's Daily Apple for some time now and so far I like it. It seems reasonable and brings to light a lot of current research. Cranky Fitness has some good articles as well and they make me laugh. How can you not like someone who signs their posts 'Crabby McSlacker'. And I'm pretty cranky so I can relate. I'm always looking for good sites though so any suggestions are appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning Cranky Fitness! It's weird that there aren't more general health and fitness blogs around--most tend to specialize in either weightloss or running or whatever.

    Fitnessfixation.com is always a kick, and Healthbolt.net has more general heath news but it isn't particularly fitness focussed. That'sfit.com is a big old AOL-run blog that has a pretty corporate feel, but does post a lot of the new research as it comes out. I go to ScienceDaily a lot for new health research, but it's a bit dry.

    Good luck with your search for new fitness blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for adding us to your links list!!! I could hook you up with a corgi ya know ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I am at my legal and mental limit for dogs and we passed my husband's limit at number 2. Unless of course you're willing to do trade-ins ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly I am at my legal and mental limit for dogs and we passed my husband's limit at number 2. Unless of course you're willing to do trade-ins ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and thanks to Crabby for the links. I'll check them out when I get some time. Thinking about it I'm more interested in health issues (I've got the fitness thing down). ScienceDaily sounds promising, dry is good as long as it's fairly balanced and accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for adding us to your links list as well, and for highlighting some more cool blogs.

    P.S. The way the page happened to scroll, the photo of Happy Cody shows up on the main page while I'm writing this comment and geez! He looks like such a great dog. Is he huggable? He looks very huggable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually he loathes being petted for the most part, esp. by strangers. He loves getting his butt skritched and he puts up with being petted when he's sleepy and curls up next to me on the couch. There are rare times when he likes to be petted but only if he's in the mood and he comes up to me to ask me. When he was younger and we first got him he practically cringed whenever anyone tried to pet him so he's come a long way but still not a very huggable dog. Strummer on the other hand can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete