Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Panic Attack #789573674

I woke up at 4 am Monday having a full blown panic attack about how I was going to manage 3 high energy, too smart dogs. Never got back to sleep but by the light of day I decided I was being silly and that having a new dog to train would be fun. I'll work it all out right? Right?!!! I go down to Co. Springs area on Sat. morning to see if my dogs will get along with Courtney, aka Kaylin. Supposedly the rescue people renamed her Courtney but nobody including the foster mom is calling her that and they all call her by her original name, Kaylin. Had a good long talk with the foster mom once the rescue people cleared me to adopt her and it seems Kaylin's very people oriented but bossy with the other dogs (the foster mom has 10 of her own!). I'm not sure how Lola, who is the epitome of a bossy female, will take to this little girl. Lola's much bigger so hopefully Kaylin will let her be boss. Having two warring females in one house is about the worse thing you can have. I'm guessing Cody will be o.k. with her, he's already used to being bossed around by Lola.

Unfortunately Shepler was returned to the shelter the day after he was adopted. Supposedly he bit his new family's resident dog. It's going to be hard for him to find a home with that on his record. Poor guy, the shelter environment does not agree with him. I went to see him and he looked like a totally different dog, barely even looked at me at first when I went up to his run. I talked to him a bit and eventually got his tail wagging but the poor guy did not seem happy. They've renamed him Buddy and have him listed as a 'Goofball' under their temperament rating system but so far no luck finding him a new home.

I ran way too many days last week and was sore and gimping around by the weekend. Sat on my butt all day Sunday to rest and feel much better this week. Training so far this week:

Mon.-2 1/2 miles run/1/2 mile walk with dogs in the a.m., circuit training class in the pm

Tues.-Master's swim practice-2675 yards, I was trashed, wasn't sure how I was going to drive home but I made it.

Weds.-1 1/2 mile run, 1/2 mile walk in the a.m. with the dogs, 20 mins. circuit training (lunges, squats, push ups, sit ups) in the pm. Not very long but at least I forced myself to do something on my own in the strength training department.

No comments:

Post a Comment