Monday, November 07, 2011

Eye Candy Monday - Wonderland Lake

The high country is beautiful in the fall but the trails in my neighborhood are no slouches either.  Took the little point and shoot on my daily dog walk around Wonderland Lake because the colors are mahvelous this time of year.  I'm behind in my blogging, that week in Chicago with no internet set me back so these photos are from around Oct. 18.

Nice views of the Flatirons







Where the plains meet the start of the Rocky Mountains


Two snowstorms and several windy days later and the leaves are now brown and crunchy and mostly gone but it was nice while it lasted.

Piled on the clothes for a bike ride out  on the dirt roads on the plains yesterday.  Jonny laughed at me because I was wearing all my heaviest gear and as much layers as I could fit and still move but with temps. in the mid-40's and 20-30 mph winds I was happy for every layer.  Sunny blue skies though and beautiful views of the dusting of snow still left on the hills, llamas, miniature horses, weird metal sculpture of a person with a pumpkin for a head, all kinds of cool stuff out there and I forgot to put a battery in my camera because I was so preoccupied with digging out my winter gear.  Ah well, next time.  2 1/4 hours/21.5 miles of gloriousness on legs that felt stronger than I thought they would since I can't even begin to remember the last time I was on my bike.  Been focusing on the running lately since that's my big weakness at the moment and the cool fall temps. are perfect for running.  Had some agility practice too but I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment