Sunday, November 13, 2011

Crazy Dog Lady Pees Her Pants

Went over to the Lory Xterra website to see if they were taking registrations yet since the race sells out quickly and found out they've added a new race, Xterra Curt Gowdy.  This race is in Curt Gowdy State Park up in Wyoming between Laramie and Cheyenne and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about how awesome the mountain bike trails are up there.  They're somewhat newish, only a few years old and I haven't made my way up there yet but now I have a good excuse.  So excited for this race.  The drive is only 1 hour, 50 minutes which means I now have 4 local Xterra races to try to qualify for Nat's. even though I almost certainly won't go.  Though I'll admit I've secretly been trying to convince myself I can do it, ie both Xterra and USDAA Nat's. only 2 days apart.  Yeah, right, I know, I know.  But I hit the trails on my bike today and it felt so good and I felt so sure I could somehow squeeze both in.  I know when that race rolls around in Sept. I'm going to so want to be there.  I even have a secret plan for how I'm going to make it all work.  My impulse control is getting worse as I age.



And as if that isn't enough exciting news for one week I also found out that I now have a reason to live during the month of December, namely 'Merry Clash-mas', featuring the Nuns of Brixton (a Clash cover band that dresses up like nuns, Joe Strummer is smiling in his grave), The Shaloms (billed as 'The Jewish Ramones') and Coverage (a Descendents cover band).  A concert with Clash, Ramones and Descendents cover bands-my brain is exploding from the awesomeness of it.  Locals mark your calendars for Thurs., Dec. 22, Bluebird Theater in Denver.  And if you aren't local then you still have plenty of time to buy your plane tickets.  Ah the anticipation, I'm going to feel like a little kid at, well, Clash-mas.

Skanking Nuns!  Everybody get your dancing shoes on.



1 comment:

  1. Docna nationals, xterra nationals, AND USDAA nationals! C'mon, you can do it! Hmmm, wonder whether you'll need a personal helicopter to get to where you need to be--

    ReplyDelete