Saturday, June 12, 2010

Here is where I draw the line

You have perhaps seen this recipe for, ummm, I don't know, sardine/raw egg/graham cracker treats?  I'll admit this whole dog thing has sucked me into a strange and often disturbing world, places I never thought I would go but I think I would have to draw the line at sardines in my blender.  With raw eggs.  And graham crackers.  That blender would have to become my 'Sardine Blender'.  Ditto for the cookie sheet.  There is not enough hot soapy water to clean up that concoction from the depths of hell.  Never mind what the house smells like after that mess has been baking in the oven.  I remember the one time I put the backpack containing Lola's sardines in front of the heater in the car on the way to a trial and I'm telling you I still can't get that smell out of my brain.  It haunts me in my nightmares.  I think I would have to move after making those treats.  And good luck selling the house.  This is why we have fancy dog boutique bakeries and commercially prepared dog treats, so we can have tasty stinky dog treats and still have guests in our house.  I'm all about frugality but this is what I call a false economy.

Maybe Dan Aykroyd should be marketing to the dog people:

5 comments:

  1. I want to a fancy-pantsy hoity toity restaurant the other evening, the kind where they don't put any actual dollar signs or decimal points on the menu, just a number, and the waiter introduces you personally to restaurant and its personality quirks. I was surprised when he announced that the Special was sardines. I'm sure that boneless sardines sauteed in a special sauce were quite tasty, and I'm sure that Tika and Boost would have enjoyed them if they had been there, but really, sardines? Bad enough I paid a year's salary for lamb kabobs and tzuziki.

    I wonder whether they have separate cookware for cooking the sardines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But it was worth the expense to learn a new word, "tzatziki," which I obviously didn't learn very well because I misspelled it above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I guess you can convince rich people that anything is a delicacy if you charge them enough money for it. Never mind the cookware, I wonder if they have a special vented room for cooking the sardines.

    I was watching a show about people buying a house in some country where people eat a lot of fish and the kitchen was outside and separate from the house to keep the smells of the fish out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought sardines once. None of my dogs would go near them. LOL. Diana

    ReplyDelete