Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Fire

There's nothing like sitting at your desk at work and watching the hills by your house go up in flames via live video footage. The announcer thought he spotted a car on fire and got so excited I thought he was going to pee his pants. The fire is 5 miles away and the winds are blowing it the opposite direction from my house but still it's unnerving. 2-3 separate fires are going at once, one in the hills and another on the flatlands nearby. Winds are 60 mph with gusts up to 70-80 mph so fighting the fires is darn near hopeless. Hopefully the winds won't shift or I'm screwed.

Getting home tonight should be interesting. Jonny's home already and told me the route I normally take is a parking lot. One road is totally shut. I'll have to sneak in the back way and hope it's not too backed up. Wildfires in January-Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment