Sunday, September 21, 2008

How's Your Aspen?



Fall is my favorite time of year, I love it. I've been up in the mountains riding the West Mag trails for the last 3 weekends. Probably not supposed to be doing it because my knee is still messed up. It seems to be tolerating the riding but doesn't seem to be getting much better either. But I missed riding all summer and I'm going to take advantage of every last weekend I can squeeze in before the snow starts to fly up there. This weekend the Aspens finally started turning. Seems like it was a bit late this year.




Jonny's friends call this part of the trail the 'car wash'. I call it the 'Ewok Trail'. Actually I call it the 'fuzzy little Star Wars creatures on those fast motorcycles that flew through the air forest' because for some reason I can never remember the name 'Ewok'.


Don't know how many more biking weekends are left up there at 8000' but I'm going to try to take advantage of every single one that I can, screw the knee.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, love the aspens! As we flew over the rockies, I could see dashes and dabs of bright yellow here and there, and I tried taking a photo, but we were really too high and it was too hazy for it to show well, but I will (eventually) get it posted.

    -ellen

    ReplyDelete