Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Out of the Frying Pan Into the Fire

Leo, Tess' dad, was not seized with the mom and pups so did not make the journey from Seagraves, Texas up to Colorado.  However he was being kept on a tether and managed to break free from it only to land in the shelter with a death sentence of this Friday (April 14) tacked to his head.


At first I was happy to hear he was away from his former owner and life on a tether but the shelter has no room so on Friday they will have to put him to sleep, he never even gets a chance at a possible adoption.  It breaks my heart.  But I'm not sure what to do.  Seagraves is a 9 1/2 hour drive and I don't know what this dog is like, I don't want 3 dogs especially when one of them is a brand new puppy who's scared of dogs and lots of other things.  I can't even figure out where he is exactly.  There is no shelter listed for Seagraves so I'm guessing he's at Reed's Ranch and Rescue who are the folks who dug Tess, mom and the other pups out from the abandoned building.  Living in the Boulder Bubble or even the Front Range Bubble where dogs get plucked out of rescue fairly quickly it's easy to forget that dogs in rural America face a harsher reality. Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment