Monday, September 13, 2010

Coffee date for the dogs

I'm a bit behind in my postings what with all I had going on in August and then the fire.  BTW, there's another fire going up in the foothills of Loveland which is maybe 40-50 miles or so from here.  Was out at the agility field yesterday morning and saw the smoke while we were on our cool down walk and thought 'that can't be good'.  Despite the lack of strong winds and the immediate response of all the helicopters and slurry bombers that were working the Fourmile fire the fire still spread rapidly out of control.  I think it's at 700 acres and 2 houses lost so far, lots of people evacuated.  At least the area isn't as densely populated as the Fourmile Canyon area.  Some pretty scary and impressive footage of the fire on the evening news.

Anyway, back in August the dogs and I were invited for a coffee date over at 'Coffee with a Canine'.  When I got the email asking if I wanted to participate I thought, 'Wow, you want me to drink coffee and write about my dogs?  Is it my birthday or something?'  Most of the people that get invited are writers who have books out and since I'm neither I was both surprised and pleased to be invited to be included with the likes of Susannah Charleson and Merrill Markoe.  I think it's somehow fitting that we were featured on Friday the 13th. 

9 comments:

  1. Great job on the coffee date. I really enjoyed reading it.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed on all the fires being controlled soon. We'll be in Loveland in 3 weeks for the beardie national.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! It elevates things a whole level of legitimacy to be of interest to a place like that (vs just writing in one's own blog always). Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea why the person picked me since I'm not a writer but it was nice to be asked anyway.

    Is the beardie national at the Ranch in Loveland? That's only 45 minutes away, maybe I'll come up for a bit of it if that's not the weekend I'm in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, at The Ranch. Agility on Oct 5th through BOB on Oct 8th. Would be fun to see you and meet your pups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, I leave for Chicago on Oct. 7 so I'll try to get up there on the 5th or 6th. Does AKC allow non-beardies at the national? Every time I go to an AKC trial I break some rule I don't know about so I don't want to bring Strummer and get glared at if he's not supposed to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, the Ranch is a really nice facility. It can get really dusty though, for some reason it's often worse than other dirt arenas but hopefully the Beardie folk will be on top of it.

    I looked up on the Colorado agility list and it looks like agility is on the 5th only so I'll try to come up then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Sorry I forget to check back here...)

    Nah, you should be able to bring him - there will even be beardie people with non-beardies :-)

    Dusty...good thing I'll be bathing them after the agility day! I guess we're indoors at the bank building in The Ranch for the other days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And...I'm a moron. I met your dogs at USDAA Nationals that one year when we were crated next to you!

    ReplyDelete