Friday, June 09, 2006

Blog Envy

I found a few cool agility blogs and added them to my list. Agility Vision is a great place to go to see actual agility runs if you've never seen it. Elite Forces of Fuzzy Destruction has video too. I like it all but where do these people get the time? Well, the 'Elite..' person doesn't work as far as I can tell which probably helps, but still. I guess I'm just jealous, I wish I didn't have to work yet had all the money I wanted to do what I want. And I've been trying forever to figure out how to put music to video of my agility runs, how did she do that? Well, o.k., I haven't actually been trying to figure it out, I spent about a 1/2 hour going through manuals one day, gave it up as impossible yet at the same time convinced myself I'd figure it out one day. And how to actually post video? I have no idea how they do that but I imagine it involves paying for your own website as opposed to slumming it over here on Blogger. Heck, I barely have time for lame ass posts let alone jacking around with video and soundtracks. I can't even seem to get the pictures I take uploaded off the freakin' camera let alone entered into the blog. And my complete incompetence with using the camera, let's not even go there.

I did find time to make it to the pool. Started at master's last Friday, a whopping 800 meters before I cried Uncle. Went back on my own on Sunday for an easy 1000 meter straight swim with some backstroke thrown in. Then masters again on Wednesday-1700 meters, 45 minutes or so of the workout and it felt great. My times on the 50 m intervals we were doing weren't bad either considering I haven't been to the pool since Feb. I hate the outdoor 50 m pool, it's really shallow (around 5' at it's deepest in the center) so there's lots of drag. Next week the 25 yard, regular pool opens so I can go there, yay.

I'm doing 8 minute of total running with 2 mins. running/2 mins. walking as part of my morning dog walks. It's not going well and I think part of the reason is the chaos of running with 2 dogs. I'm going to have to figure something else out.

Haven't been biking much, no good reason other than the blast furnace heat we've been having. Days and days of hot, sunny record breaking 90's, yuck. It's too early. It's not even officially summer and I'm already sick of it. I guess I shouldn't whine, at least it's not humid.

I started working Strummy on the weaves poles. I'm trying Susan Garrett's 2 x 2 weave pole method. I've never used it before so it's an experiment. First step, stand parallel to 2 weave poles and wait Strummy out until he looks at the poles, then click and treat by turning and running forward so he goes through the 'gate' to get his cookie. Also trying to reward while he's facing & moving forward so he doesn't start pausing and looking up at me for his cookie. That's the hardest part so far. He caught on pretty quickly after 2 sessions and now he runs right through the gate, no problem.

I've also been working on hand signals-mostly 'turn away from me' for rear crosses and 'get out' for distance work. I've started sending him around jump standards with no bars up and he's doing great, such a clever boy. I need to make a decision about how I want to train contacts-2 on 2 off or 1 rear toe on. Running contacts are out of the question, his stride is too long.

I have no plans this weekend and I'm staring at those 2 days like a deer in the headlights. So much to do, where do I start?

No comments:

Post a Comment