Went to masters on Monday (2200 yards) and my knee was still bothering me so decided to rest until my doctor's appt. today. Turns out I likely have a meniscus tear/inflamation which is just what I suspected I had. No cross country skiing or running for 2 weeks, 6 weeks of physical therapy and I can bike and hike on hills. I didn't ask about swimming but I assume that's o.k. I love biking and the weather's been pretty cooperative but it's hard to find time with my new dog situation. I pretty much need to take a dog to work with me every day and exercise them on my lunch hour which leaves spinning on the trainer at night as my weekday option. Even so it's still hard to find time with Strummer running around crazy all night. I think for the next few months I need to focus on his training and lay off the tri stuff a bit, at least until my knee heals up. I'm going to try for 2-3 nights of swimming, cycling on Sat. & Sun. and some walking thrown in on my lunch hours and before work to exercise the dogs.
I've decided not to go to Kansas for the USDAA trial but to go to Albuquerque in April for a different USDAA trial. I'm just too nervous about blowing too much money on entry fees and getting blasted with a blizzard. Of course, there's probably more chance of a snow storm in Colorado in April but I'll risk it.
I have a deadline at work that's been keeping me busy so I'll have to post more later once I finish this project up.