Saturday, October 29, 2005

What Was I Thinking?

Going to Target at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, 2 days before Halloween was not my brightest move ever. In my defense, I was out running another errand and was trying to save gas/pollution by making a quick stop to get some shampoo & soap since I was passing by anyway. I had no idea the consumer frenzy surrounding Halloween has reached such a fever pitch though the mayhem in the parking lot should have been some clue and I should have put 2 and 2 together and kept right on driving. The most disturbing aspect of the whole experience, aside from the shoppers' frantic feeding frenzy of useless crap, was the amount of guys in the panty hose aisle and how discriminating they were in choosing their stockings.

1 comment:

  1. When *I* was a kid, we made our own costumes. Judging by the size of the Halloween section at Target, I'd say that's pretty uncommon these days. So sad.

    ReplyDelete