Saturday, February 20, 2010

Taxes and hot chocolate

This is a good day to snuggle up inside with a nice warm mug of hot chocolate and my taxes.

 
Normally this lovely view from my living room includes blue skies and mountains but today not so much.

Here are some things that are not so helpful when you're trying to do your taxes.


Best thing is to toss them outside and hopefully they'll amuse themselves.
 

Or maybe they'll just express their displeasure at being dumped outside, much to the delight of the neighbors, especially the ones with the new baby.

Some might try the more subtle approach of hypnosis/mind meld to get back inside and maybe score a mug of hot chocolate.
 

It can stop snowing any day now folks, really, I won't mind.  I saw a robin yesterday and he looked pissed off.  Sometimes the early bird gets frostbite instead of the worm.

On the bright side I'm getting a boatload of money back, easily enough to pay for a trip to DOCNA Champs and lessons/training field fees/trials for the rest of the year.  That is unless those pesky mortgage payments get in the way.

3 comments:

  1. Taxes?! I'm still trying to get my xmas cards out the door. Sigh. and this year I can't put it off much longer because they're 2010 calendars! And already feb's almost gone. So good on ya for already tackling the tax numbers. Always good news when money's coming back. They say you're supposed to slightly underpay so they don't get free use of your money, but I'd just as soon get the surprise "bonus" when all's said and done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wasn't trying for a huge refund, typically I do like to try to slightly over or under pay but that's what happens when you take a steep pay cut then get laid off with your boss owing you 2 months salary.

    You should start with your X-mas cards in Feb., then you can get a good discount on the calendars. Or use my method and opt of out X-mas altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete