Monday, June 29, 2009

Week In Training - June 22 through June 28

As promised I'm trying to be good about logging my training. Strum had a bunch more agility practice than I listed but I can't remember it exactly and it was mostly in the backyard.

Monday-Walk 2 miles (Lola & Cody)-morning
Swim-2300 yards (masters, Spruce Pool, Jane coach)
Knee good

Tuesday-Run/walk 3 miles (30 mins. of 2 mins. run/1 min. walk + warm up/cool down)
with dogs (Cody & Strummer)-morning
Knee good

Wednesday-Walk 2 miles (Strummer & Cody)-morning
Agility practice at B.E.-Lola
Knee bad

Thursday-Swim at Rez (about 30 minutes back and forth parallel to shoreline,
still not feeling in shape enough to do the course)-morning
Strummer's agility class w/ Joy-1/2 hour private-evening
Knee bad

Friday-2 mile walk (Strummer & Cody)-morning
Agility practice at B.E.-Strummer/dogwalk-morning
Agility practice at B.E.-Strummer/dogwalk-evening
Knee better

Saturday-3 mile walk (Strummer & Cody)-morning
Knee good

Sunday-3 mile walk (Strummer & Cody)-morning
Mountain biking-2 1/4 hours, over 12 miles, West Mag-afternoon
Knee good

WEEKLY TOTALS
Swim-3,000 yards (approx.), 1 1/2 hours
Bike-12 miles (off road, elevation), 2 1/4 hours
Run/Walk-2 miles, 1/2 hour

Total: 4 1/4 hours

Walking: 13 miles, approx. 4 hours

Not a great week for tri training but I did a lot of walking. My knee acted up, probably due to the hiking, so I didn't run as much as I would have liked and I missed Friday night swim practice due to being exhausted and needing to get up early Saturday morning. I'm hoping to have 7-9 hours of training per week and this was only 4 1/4. I'm not counting my walking as part of my tri training but I am keeping track of it because it effects my knee and my training so I need to track it to get the full picture. Hoping to get in more swim yardage this coming week, we'll see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Making me feel a little lazy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it looks like a lot on paper all at once but really that is not all that much, especially compared to what I need to be doing if I'm going to be ready for a race in August. Darn stupid knee holding me back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My knee goes hot & cold like that, too, and I haven't been able to point to anything in particular that does it. Sometimes hiking several miles up & down is fine; sometimes I can barely walk the next day. I'm thinking it's probably more whether I somehow torque it than merely the pounding and movement. You think that could be it for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, could be, that's certainly something to think about and watch for. The dogs often pull me and torque my knee, especially if there are squirrels and Lola involved.

    ReplyDelete