Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Don't Wanna Be A Pinhead No More


I took Lola for her first accupuncture appointment today and it was all I could do not to laugh at the poor girl. She looked so funny with all the needles sticking out of her, especially the one on her head. She'd move her ears around and the needle would move around as well, like some funny sort of antenna. She became fairly relaxed and sleepy looking after about 10 minutes, something the vet said was normal so I'm starting to eye up Strummer and the pins in my sewing kit. Maybe a few pins in his head would be just the ticket.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    I got acupuncture once a week for like 3 years a while back. It really can be very relaxing. I'm glad to hear that Lola is taking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acupuncture isn't uncommon for dogs around here. At a trial a year or so ago, one of my friends had the acupuncture done onsite, and for some reason the dog, an Aussie, decided to shake himself enthusiastically despite everyone trying to make him stop. So then everyone was crawling around on hands and knees, staring fixedly into the grass, to find all the needles there and in the long, thick aussie coat, because the APist wants to make sure that they've recovered all the needles and not left on the patient (or on the ground where someone could step on them). It was funny in an odd, disturbing sort of way. Talk about finding a needle in a haystack.

    -ellen

    ReplyDelete