Thursday, September 21, 2006

Three Fer

Ran all 3 runs clean today-yee ha. The Tunnelers course was super easy, just 9 tunnels and pretty flowing, not too many serious off course opportunities so it was perfect for Cody. Both dogs flew round with no problem. The Team event today was a relay but not like in USDAA where they use a baton. We had boxes marked out on the ground around the course that we had to stand in. When the first person did their part of the course and got in their box the second person could go and so on. I took the middle part of the course because it was best for Cody and he managed with no problem. The whole course was only jumps and tunnels which I thought was kind of weird. It was fun though and I think the only fault between the 3 of us was a knocked bar.

Lola's name has been quite the source of amusement with the gate stewards. I have to tell them her name when I go to the start line and they keep hearing me wrong (is that Kola with a K?) so I have to spell her name. I'm standing on the start line saying 'Lola, L-o-l-a, Lola' which of course causes the person to start singing. The best though was Lo's Tunnelers run today when the announcer starts singing 'Looooola, L-o-l-a, Loooooooola' over the loudspeaker while we were starting our run. It was all I could do to keep from busting a gut right in the middle of the run.

The only downside to all of this so far has been the complete disorganisation. There's no posted schedule so I have to go in at 7 am every morning to see what classes they're starting with. Yesterday I tried asking the person in charge of it all what order the classes were running in today and she said she didn't even know which classes were running then asked me what class I wanted to have run first. You would think it would be easy enough to set up a running order before the trial starts and that you would want to save yourself the headache of doing it during the trial. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to Devil's Tower tomorrow even though I have only one run because I don't know when that run is likely to be. I still don't have my Jumpers results from yesterday, they were briefly posted at around 3 pm but they were wrong and hadn't been corrected when I left at 5:00 pm. I didn't get any results for today's run. Everything's computerized so I don't understand what the problem is. It seems like almost every class so far has had errors in the scoring. It's not a big deal but sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment