Saturday, March 06, 2021

Hope Unknown, Part 2

At the start of the week I'd pretty much decided that triathlon racing would be out of the question this year. Somehow I thought I'd be vaccinated by April easily but then Biden said end of May for the regular folks and that's just too late for me to start swimming from scratch and be ready for even Xterra Nationals in September. But I found out the Ute Tribe had a vaccination clinic for everybody over 18 a few days ago and they plan on having another one next week! So I'm going to try for it. Not sure how long the lines are, we're going to go early and hope we get lucky. I could go back to the pool any time, it's open and they're being careful from what I hear, but I've just not been comfortable with it. The pool is usually nearly empty when I go but it seems poorly ventilated and stuffy. And I have plenty of other ways to exercise, the pool is a luxury. The break from the harsh pool chemicals isn't a bad thing either, my hair is doing so much better. But I miss it and it's good for me, physically, mentally. So we'll see. Trying not to get my hopes up too high in case it doesn't work out. A few more months isn't the end of the world and another summer without racing is no big deal. But it would be nice to have a goal of sorts. I've been feeling a bit not anchored lately, perhaps drifting a bit too far out to sea. Along with everyone else.

In the meantime this isn't a bad way to get in a good workout. Sand Canyon seldom disappoints. The lizards were out in full force so perhaps spring is nearly here.


I did hear a meadowlark the other day which is a good sign of spring. When the vultures return I know we're there for sure. Though I don't mind winter.

I saw 4 bald eagles flying over the house the other day, so very cool. Not sure what it was about and the crows chased them off pretty sharpish. The crows around here don't stand for much in the way of interlopers.

I suppose I'd better formulate a rough training plan of sorts. Just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment