Monday, January 06, 2020

Photo Catch-Up and Keeping the Wild Places Wild

I thought it would be fun to post some of my favorite photos from the past year.  Part of the reason I gave up posting regularly on the blog is that I've felt conflicted about sharing photos of the places out here.  So many wild places are becoming trashed by Instagram and other social media outlets, I've become a bit cagey about listing specific locations in the photos I post to Facebook and Instagram.  And while I don't think my Facebook friends are going to come out here and trash the place, I wonder about this effects of this blog which anyone can access.  Colorado's Front Range has experienced enormous growth in the past 7-8 years and while there are many reasons I have to wonder about social media's influence especially on Boulder's growth.  I wonder if I'm partly to blame and I'm particularly loathe to call attention to where I'm living now.  But I do love to share the beauty of this area.  So for now I'm going to post some photos but keep some of the locations vague.

Colorado's only natural geyser



Morning Walkies



Somewhere along the Dolores



Somewhere in the San Juans












Mesa Verde and Various Other Archeological Sites










Somewhere in the La Platas






Does my ass make this bike look fat?



First sunset of 2020


I guess all of that hardly catches me up but it'll do for now.  More personal farm stuff later.

No comments:

Post a Comment