Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Xterra photos

They posted the official race photos already, can't believe they got them up so quickly.

My favorite-the look of horror on my face on the Slip-n-Slide as I head toward the tub of filthy water.
Here's the whole sequence of events.
Running leap
Sliding
In the drink
Drowned rat/wet t-shirt

The rest are maybe not so interesting but I'll post the links anyway.  It's nice to see the course at least.

My crooked helmet looks dorky but oh well.  I've never been able to get it to fit right no matter how much I mess with the straps.  I look pretty bad ass in front of all those guys though.
Uphill bike 1
Uphill bike 2
Tight turn
Up the switchback

I felt a lot worse than I look, trust me.  It was all I could do to break into a run for the photos.
Run 1
Run 2
Run 3

Podium  (I'm on the far left in blue)

There's also a 22 second video of people on the Slip-n-slide (not me thankfully).  At the very end you can see how horrible the water is.

The poor photographer-a woman a few seconds ahead of me on the bike begs him not to take her picture.  He tells her no, don't worry, you look fabulous.  Then I whine at him that I surely have chocolate on my face because of course I try to eat some gel right before the photographer.  He says no, you look fabulous.  I wonder how many other women whined at him.  I wonder if any men whined at him.

2 comments:

  1. I think the pictures look great! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! You look very happy to be getting out of that water, drowned rat look or not. And I can't believe with all the energy you're expending that you actually had the energy to smile. Good for you. And you really look VERY happy on the podium. Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete