Monday, February 26, 2007

Whoop There It Is

Ding ding ding, we have a weiner folks. I didn't think it was possible but today someone surpassed the idiocy of all the other AKC quotes with this little beaut:

"Those of us fortunate enough or knowledgeable enough about temperament understand that it is almost impossible to determine temperament and health from and about mixed breeds.

By sanctioning and allowing mixes to compete along side our purebreds is fine for most other organizations, I truly believe it will dilute the branding and the prestige that AKC has worked so hard to develop.

I love the fact that I have a pure bred after owning mutts for years.I did so after careful deliberation and study. I personally love all dogs, regardless of the breed or mix - but let's keep the AKC just about purebreds - it is a special honor to CH or to gain an AKC title and I take pride in owning a purebred CH and I want to continue to remain proud of our work and of my line."

O.k., I'll stop beating this dead horse but I just couldn't resist this one.

5 comments:

  1. What I would typically rephrase something like this as: it is a special honor to win gold at the Olympics when the USSR boycotts it and I take pride in being an American and not having to compete against those impure communists.

    -ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop laughing. I really can't.

    /amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it was really tempting to respond to the list for this post but I didn't know how I could make her look any more stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I'm not on whatever list that quote was posted on.

    My response: Why yes, It is indeed difficult to predict which, if any, genetic disease/problem your mutt may have ... but it's oh-so-easy with most purebreds!

    (Apologies to owners of purebreds ... I exaggerate a little for comedic effect. I'm well aware that not all purebreds are genetic nightmares.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny Lisa.

    Unfortunately this quote and the ones below were taken from a list of Colorado agility competitors. Fortunately all but one do only AKC so typically I don't have to worry about offending anyone with my dogs' impure genetics.

    ReplyDelete